Thursday, January 17, 2008

psychology:counseling

Attended to counseling session this afternoon. Initially felt okay with it, just a normal conversation, not a big deal though.

As the session progressing, the same questions pop-up again: "Am I really ok with my life?", "Who am I?", "Where is my freedom? I want my freedom badly".......... See, confusing again. I have an urge to get rid of this confusion. I know, I'm the main issue. (Jocey, help me, knock my head please)

The counselor reminds me of the tremendous impacts from my parents' parenting style on me. Ya, the effects of parenting style on children, one of my favorite area in psychology. Besides than parenting style, the impacts of childhood experiences (hahaha.. Mr.Freud pop up in my mind!)and the effects of traditional Chinese family pop-up in my mind at that moment. Wow, what I learned along these years are applicable. Who dare to say Psychology is a nonsense course? It's so much useful and applicable than other courses, at least, to me, it is.

At the end of the counseling session, she told me something that outsider never discovered from me, even my parents, something that I tried so hard to hide from others. I speechless. She succeed in read my inner unpleasant, she knows I'm pretending. She could be a successful counselor in the coming time. Thanks to you.

I found I feel more comfortable to talk to those who share similarities with me, as in my coursemate and counselor, at least, we understand what and why something will happens, we talked something that theories supported. Heartache and speechless would never occur within the conversation with them.

Psychology, Bravo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wat a pity blog... u seem like very uncomfortable with ur current life..."u r not u"? sometimes the questions will pop up in ur mind,but after talk with ur fren will felt better? but the same question will still repeat in ur mind.... the question still exist~

hmm..if freedom can bring u home, try to find out the freedom u need, not wat freedom u want.. u keep showing ur self strong in front of ppl, wat point?? Yes, u look strong, u r not n ordinary gal i ever see! but i can say tat ur appearance r strong, but ur inner were blank n weak!! u r like a shell wat i can describe, surface r hard but inside r blank.. weeks took time for me to know, wat u try show not to show, issit tat was the feelling u need? or u want?